What’s a District License? A District License is a multi-user PDF of any book (or video where available) we offer–textbooks, curricula, lesson plans, student workbooks and more–that can be used on every digital device in your school–iPads, Macs, PCs, Chromebooks, laptops, netbooks, smartphones, iPods. All of them, no matter whether they’re in a classroom, the library, one of the tech labs. As many as the District wants.
International shipping–digital only
Purchase a District License for one or more of the following (each license purchased separately):
It is perfect for private schools, independent schools, charter schools, public schools–any District with multiple computer labs, classroom computer pods, 1:1 programs. Ordered separately, these digital textbooks would cost well over $6,000.
Benefits of a District License for School:
- provide an overarching curriculum map for using technology in your District
- provide access to full text PDF (or videos where relevant) from every digital device in your District, 24 hours a day, to maximize productivity and student independence.
- enable flexible learning paths as students work at their own pace, with the ability to review or work ahead as needed
- infuse your District with technology
- enable teachers to dig deeper into relevant topics, vertically integrate with core grade-level teachers
- provide multiple authentic and organic formative and summative assessment
- provide free online Help via Ask a Tech Teacher (staffed by educators who use SL resources) and grade-specific wikis (for K-5 tech curriculum). This is unique to Structured Learning’s technology curriculum, not found with any other provider.
- free desk copy of print book for teacher use (if available in print and for domestic customers only)
- District Licenses include mentoring for new teachers (two hours for single PDF and five hours for multi-volume set). These are delivered via email, by appointment. They address how to implement lessons in textbooks or related new-tech-teacher issues
Benefits of District License for Students:
- provide easy access to monthly lessons, how-tos, rubrics, project samples, practice quizzes, grade-level expectations, homework, images, and check lists (grade level Scope and Sequence and the Ready to Move On monthly keyboard workbooks lists, for example)
- provide quick links to websites required in lessons
- provide full color instructions that can be zoomed in on for greater detail
- allow a convenient place to take lesson notes (using a PDF annotator like iAnnotate)
- encourage students to be independent in their learning, work at their own pace rather than a one-size-fits-all class pace. This is great both for students who need more time and those who ‘get it’ and want to move on
- enable a quick way to spiral up to the next grade level for quick learners or back to earlier resources for student needing to scaffold their learning
- provide access to 12 companion videos (Ultimate Guide to Keyboarding curriculum license only) to take students through each month of their keyboarding journey. They’re approximately one hour, viewed at student’s pace
- prepare students for the rigor of end-of-year summative testing
Additionally, with each District License, you get:
- print copy of each ebook selected (international and digital-only books not included)
- free access to curriculum help blog, Ask a Tech Teacher.
- free membership to each grade-level wiki (K-5 tech curriculum and keyboarding only). This is updated weekly via video with what is happening in a real-time classroom that uses the Structured Learning technology curriculum. Teachers will see how the pieces of the Structured Learning curriculum work together and be able to share thoughts via the Discussion tab.
- mentoring for new teachers (two hours for single PDF and five hours for multi-volume set). These are delivered via email, by appointment. They address how to implement lessons in textbooks or related new-tech-teacher issues
How many pdfs or video collections would you like? Add the number in the Quantity field; select from ‘One’ or ‘Multiples’ in the drop down menu; add which you’d like to comments in Cart (PO: Please email PO to Zeke dot Rowe at Structuredlearning dot net):