This is a self-paced, self-directed online class in the 13 main topics that build good digital citizens. Topics include:
- Copyrights, Fair Use, Public Domain
- Digital Commerce
- Digital Communications
- Digital Footprint/Digital Privacy
- Digital Rights and Responsibilities
- Digital Search/Research
- Internet Safety
- Social Media
This is a group enrollment for five+ and delivered via Google Classroom.
At the completion of this course, you will:
- Know how to blend digital citizenship into lesson plans
- Be comfortable in your knowledge of digital citizenship
- Have progressive steps to teach each topic: Introduction, Working on, and Mastered
- Become an advocate of safe, legal, and responsible use of the internet
- Exhibit a positive attitude toward using technology that supports collaboration, learning, and productivity
- Demonstrate personal responsibility for lifelong learning
- Exhibit leadership in teaching and living as a digital citizen
This course is designed for educators who
- Are serious about integrating tech into their class
- Worry about integrating tech into their class
- Want creative approaches to using tech
- Want to go to the next step of tech-infusing their classroom and/or school
What Do You Need to Participate
- Internet connection
- Accounts for Google, various web-based tools
- Risk-takers attitude, inquiry-driven mentality, passion to optimize learning
Preview? Here you are…
What People Say About Ask a Tech Teacher PD
I am learning so much from this class. Thank you so much for all that you are teaching me. I really will be able to relate to my students when they get frustrated problem solving. These two classes have been the best professional development courses I have taken in a long time. It is money well spent! I will be recommending your classes to all the teachers I work with!
Thank you so much. I really enjoyed taking the Summer PD. The resources are truly priceless.
I can’t wait to incorporate into my own trainings to better prepare our teachers and students for an amazing experience! Thank you so much for all of the hard work you’ve put into the class.