With Common Core assessments already underway (on a preview basis–so educators can see what’s in store), there’s a lot of chatter about whether students truly have the technology skills required to accomplish what Common Core is asking:
- keyboarding with accuracy and easy
- online research
- using online tools quickly and efficiently to produce documents, publish learning, interact/collaborate, evaluate information presented in various formats
These revolve around using technology (devices, equipment, skills) to achieve the fundamentals of what Common Core considers an educated student–
- •Demonstrate independence.
- •Build strong content knowledge.
- •Respond to the varying demands of audience, task, purpose, and discipline.
- •Comprehend as well as critique.
- •Value evidence.
- •Use technology and digital media strategically and capably.
- •Come to understand other perspectives and cultures.
We will be preparing a series of ebooks to help you accomplish this. What would you like to see?