Tech coaching/mentoring is available from experts who work with you via a virtual meeting platform to prepare lesson plans, teach to standards, integrate tech into core classroom time. If you’re new to tech education and wonder:
- How do you start kindergartners who don’t know what ‘enter’, ‘spacebar’, ‘click’ or any of those other techie words mean?
- How do you teach kindergartners to use the mouse? First graders to keyboard? Third graders to safely search the internet?
- What do you do with students who join your class and haven’t had formal technology classes before?
- You’ve been thrown into the technology teacher position and you’ve never done it before. How do you start? What do you introduce when?
- You’ve been teaching for twenty years, but now your Principal wants technology integrated into your classroom. Where do you start?
- How do you differentiate instruction between student geeks and students who wonder what the right mouse button is for?
- How do you create a Technology Use Plan for your school?
- How do you create a Curriculum Map?
- As an edtech professional, what’s your career path?
Tech Coaching/Mentoring from Ask a Tech Teacher
We have a few technology mentoring ideas for you, from no-cost to low-cost:
- Ask a Tech Teacher–our tech help blog is a resource for all of our SL textbooks and open to all of our customers 24/7 to ask questions, join a discussion, or check out the wealth of resources we have available there. If you’re a homeschooler, try Ask a Tech Teacher–Homeschool.
- 1-on-1: delivered via email, Skype, Google Hangouts. To help teachers who want more personalized help than can be provided in the forum environs of a wiki or blog. Perfect for teachers who have in-depth questions that may cover a wide range. Prices vary depending upon how much contact you’d like.
- On-site training: for your teachers, in how to use the Structured Learning K-8 technology curriculum. We’ll take teachers through the entire year, answer their questions, clear up whatever they need. Then, they’ll be ready for the school year. Contact Zeke.rowe@structuredLearning.net for prices.
- Curriculum design: we’ll personalize the curriculum to your unique needs and standards. Great if your tech ed classes need to align with state standards or other unique guidelines–beyond Common Core and ISTE. Contact Zeke.Rowe@structuredlearning.net for prices.
- Lesson planning: One of our most popular choices. Tell us what you’re trying to accomplish and we’ll design a lesson around that. Do you want to focus on math using a particular online tool? That’s fine. Just let us know. One of our experts will put it together for you. Contact Zeke.Rowe@structuredlearning.net for prices.
For a low $150 per month (two month minimum), you can get weekly assistance via a weekly virtual meeting and on-demand email on your tech issues. We wrote the books. We’ll help you deliver the content on keyboarding, curriculum, digital citizenship, Common Core lessons, any of the standards listed in the textbooks.
Questions? Ask Zeke.Rowe@structuredlearning.net
How to get started
Each $300 is for two months. Select as many as you’d like.